Way Tutu Cute

Friday, December 18, 2009

Facebook, More than Just a Website

You may or may not know that it is completely due to Facebook that my business started.  I posted a few pictures of a tutu that I created for my daughter on my personal Facebook page and voilà I was getting orders left and right.  When I decided to start the business, Facebook allowed me the opportunity to network with thousands of people in an instant.  In less than 5 months, I have almost 900 fans and I have been able to meet the most incredible people all over the world.

Facebook gives me an outlet to broadcast specials, display our newest products and interact with some of the best customers a company could ever ask for.  I hand pick each of the product lines that come onto waytutucute.com, so it's nice to get an immediate reaction to the new items, as soon as they are available.  Something as little as a "like" lets me know that I've chosen something great.

Many think that Facebook has made things less personable.  I actually had a friend tell me the other day that if you don't have Facebook, chances are you will never hear from her.  It's all about convenience now-a-days and how convenient is it for us to be able to communicate with family, friends and customers all in one place?  In the world of technology that we live in, I can't imagine what we did before social networking sites, like Facebook.  I appreciate Facebook and whether I knew you beforehand or I met you through Facebook, I'm glad to know you!  Thanks for reading.  Stay tutu cute!  -Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment