Way Tutu Cute

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Donating to a Worthy Cause

I try to do my part in donating to various charities and foundations at least every few months.  This month, National Cancer Month, hit a little closer to home than I would have liked it to.  I got a call last week letting me know that my 24 year old cousin was diagnosed with cancer.  All I could think was, isn't he too young?  It was a week of craziness for our entire family.  It's funny how things like that make you realize that you don't tell certain people that you love them enough.  I couldn't remember the last time I told my cousin that I loved him.  So after being poked and sliced and tested all week, he was officially diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkins.  He started chemo this morning and will have a rough road ahead of him for the next few months.  He is on my mind all day long and I can't believe that my little cousin that used to sing Beatles song with a little blue plastic guitar, turned out to be one of the strongest people I've ever known.  He is my hero.

In honor of my cousin, I will be donating 5% of all sales in the month of April to the American Cancer Society.  I made the announcement just the other day and we've already raised well over $60.  My goal is $200.  I know it doesn't seem like much, but every little bit helps!  To reach my goal, I need your help.  There must be something on waytutucute.com that you've had your eye on.  Something for your little one?  A gift for someone?  A piece of jewelry you've been wanting but needed a special occasion to purchase it?  Well here it is: the right time, the special occasion...  Purchase today and 5% of your total will be donated directly to the American Cancer Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment